No More Apologies

Well, except when I do something wrong, of course. Then, once I get over the indignity of being told I am not the 100% perfect creature I am in my own mind, I will apologize.

What I am done apologizing for is my unique idiosyncrasies that make up my personality. All those quirks that put me just outside societal norms and dictates? Yeah. I'm owning them. They're me. And let's face it, I've made to 43 with the vast majority of these things, so they're not something I can just "work on" and will into complacency. They are who I am. I like who I am.

So no more apologies.

I like to swear. I'll try not to do it 'round your kids but I can't promise anything. Look at it this way: at least they're learning from a Master.

I am a planner. I have a clear understanding each morning of how my day is going to go. I can't guarantee how flexible I can be on any given day; it depends on how much I am cramming into it. So, if you try to change my daily head plan, you can expect anything from a mild "harumph ok" to an extreme meltdown. You have inconvenienced me. You deal with the consequences.

I hate driving. I especially hate driving in unfamiliar areas. I will do anything in my power to have someone else do this for me. I will also never drive more than 5 miles over the speed limit.

I don't like going out to bars all night long. They're loud, noisy, smelly, and annoying.

I don't like beer. Not even your artsy, fartsy, hopsy-wopsy hard-to-get beer. It all tastes like stale bread, people. Get over yourselves.

I am quirky, odd, and derpy. I will say and do weird things. Just try to enjoy the entertainment.

If you are a friend or family or someone I like/love, I have got your back. I'll always tell you the truth (even if you don't want it), and I'll support you in whatever you choose. Unless it's illegal. Because I'm not going down with or for you.

I believe that everyone has the right to love and be loved in return.

No apologies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck