The Thing *After* the Thing that Scares You the Most

This morning, Facebook kindly shared a memory from a year ago: I sent in my paperwork to become an LLC.

I have been in private practice for almost a solid year now. WOW.

While it feels sometimes like I haven't done much and I'm not getting far, that is not the truth. I turned a profit within my first nine months. Granted it was a small one, but for a one-year old business, that pretty damned good. I am lucky in that my overhead for my chosen field is pretty minimal. It helps turn a profit that much faster. I am also so lucky and grateful for a spouse who is 100% supportive in this endeavor. I quite honestly would never have taken this leap without him.
My Silent Partner. My Sweet Babboo. My Best Guy. 

I find it ironic - and perhaps apropos - that after just one year in private practice, I am already looking for the Next Thing. While my private practice is just growing its first teeth, my massage therapy career is seven years old and already in second grade. As much as I love massage therapy and energy work, I am now on the lookout for something that will augment and bring new life into my private practice.

What is that? No idea. I want it to be something of use and help to others. I want to be able to make some money doing it. Because, let's face it, this is my livelihood. I want it to fall within health and wellness. After all, wellness is in the name of my business. I want to do some good in this crazy world.

I also want it to be less physically demanding. I love massage and have no plans on giving it up, but I am no longer able to do 25 massages a week. Too many years of too many super-deep tissues and putting the needs of the client over my own health have taken their toll, emotionally and physically. I believe firmly in Unconditional Positive Regard when it comes to my clients, and I find the more I am hustling for the almighty dollar, the less UPR I am able to share. That is not how I want to greet anyone looking to feel better in their own skin, nor is it how I want to live my life.

So.... what is the thing after the thing that scares you the most? I keep coming back to the idea of writing. Although, while certainly something I enjoy doing is probably not something that will help with the financial stability of my family. There is more out there, and the possibilities are endless. I am looking forward to discovering what lies in store for this journey.

Onward and upward!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck