Cabin Fever

We're in the beginning stages of a proper snow storm up here in Vermont. We haven't had too many of them in my neck of the woods the last couple of years, so we have lucked out.

Since my one client of the day cancelled, I am using this opportunity to catch up on some paperwork. So... y'know... Facebook and blog writing to not do it.

Originally, we had plans to go out to dinner tonight, with our petsitting friend coming over for a couple hours, just to see how it would go. We haven't cancelled our reservations or our friend yet, but it's looking more and more likely given the rate at which the snow was coming down.

We will reschedule of course; it's no big deal. But I was looking forward to it. Just as I was looking forward to a romantic weekend away that may not happen for a good long while, or our trip down to visit relatives. The former has been put off until most likely mid-March (if that), and if we get to visit our relatives in late April, it would be a miracle.

Basically, I'm feeling pretty trapped right now. Housebound, cabin fevery, and stir crazy. I love my home, I love my family and friends, and I love my life. There is absolutely nothing about it I would change.

But I want to travel.

Preferably to some place warm, where these bones can lay in the sunshine and finally be comfortable.

I want to see new things, experience new things, meet new people. I want to eat at restaurants I haven't eaten at a million times before and travel down roads that I can't drive in my sleep because I've been down them a zillion times already.

I want an escape to remind me of all the awesome things I get to come back to after a few days. I want to not be responsible for umpteen loads of laundry, or buying and making food, or picking stuff up, or just generally adulting. I want to not worry for a week if my car is going to start after a 0 degree night, or why it constantly rattles, or if the tire is really going soft, again.

But... at the moment, it is snowing. Heavily. We are probably in for the remainder of this day. I will probably spend a lot of tomorrow shoveling snow. I have a warm, beautiful house and an awesome husband and a crazy dog I am crazy over. I have so much. And I am grateful for all of it.

...but doesn't a week long trip to New Mexico sound wonderful?

2016 trip to Florida. I cannot WAIT to get back there. The travel bug has bitten!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon