January isn't for the Faint-Hearted

The last few weeks have been very sad. It would seem death abounds. In addition to losing our second kitty just a week ago, it seems that our neighbor died around the same time, and one of my colleagues rushed home (out of state) to say final farewells to a dear uncle. 

January can be a tough time regardless. The hustle and bustle, lights and merriment of December are past us; the weather can often be gray, cold, and miserable. It can be difficult to remember that the Earth keeps on spinning, that warmth will return, that life will continue.

We had some proper winter weather overnight, with snow and ice. Many schools closed for the day, and people stayed home. 

So, while I'm doing my best not to grumble at having to shovel heavy, wet snow out of a driveway I've already shoveled (thank you snowplow), today I look for the gratitudes.

I am grateful for a goofy dog who loves to play in the snow.
This goober will stick his snout in the snow to follow a scent,
and then make little plow tracks as he shuffles along. My heart.

I am grateful the snow plow came and made our roads safe to travel.

I am grateful for my wonderful workplace, with incredible colleagues and a welcoming energy.

I am grateful for random hot chocolate dates with my husband in the middle of the day.

I am grateful for the often harsh, cold beauty that can be found after a storm.
The tree outside my office. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck