The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

This is the post where I start transitioning back to more mundane things. 

Or maybe not.

Thanksgiving was interesting this year. We once again had it Mom's place. The food was tasty and I ate a little more than I probably should have, but that's what harvest celebrations are for. We brought Toby with us and he performed admirably, despite being miserable about the car ride.

An interesting conversation that quickly escalated into unnecessary drama was provided, because what is a holiday without a little drama?

I do find it fascinating that even as many of us are finding our voices and speaking up, many more people are still falling through the cracks. There is still a dichotomy from the haves and have-nots on both sides of the political spectrum, and the haves are still not listening. They are making the right noises for change, but what they are seeking still does not benefit those without a financial voice. As much as change needs to happen from the top down, it also needs to happen from the bottom up. 

When you are struggling to work, stay warm, and feed your kids, nothing Washington does helps you in the least and it doesn't really matter who is in office; you're still going to get screwed. Which brings us into the fallacy of capitalism and I'm just not educated and/or qualified enough to speak well on such things. All I know is what I have historically experienced, and what I know many are still experiencing. It is tough as balls out there right now, and there is a huge financial gap between those who are struggling and those who have enough money to be angry about politics.

Because when you get right down to it, politics is a rich person's game. If you don't have money, you don't have a voice. Unless you want to get all French Revolution with things.

Which I'm guessing is not far away at all.

Oh, the irony. I wasn't going to write about any of this. I was going to tell you how I had my first jujitsu class last night, and how much I loved it, and how I'm taking on extra hours at a second job to pay for six months of classes.

Because they let you hit things.... HARD. And then compliment you on it.

I want to hit things. 

HARD.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon