Up, Down, All Around

The past five days or so have been a roller coaster of emotions for me.

Two weeks ago, we noticed that Beck the Cat was not her normal self. We got her in to the Vet and we were told that a couple of teeth were causing her great pain, but there was also some weird growth that needed biopsy-ing. This past Friday, we heard back from the Vet about the biopsy and the news isn't good. We've got maybe a month - two at the outside - with her. They've given us some pain meds to give her and we'll just have to keep an eye on her. She'll let us know when it's time, but oh how sad.

In the mean time, she has perked back up. Once we finally realized she couldn't eat the kibble, we switched her to wet food and she's been downing almost a can a day. She is much more vocal and looking for affection again and even cuddled with her brother the other day, something she hasn't done in weeks.

Beck and Bauer. Together again. Possibly for the last time,
as the vet says their separating is part of their coping mechanism.
We worry about Bauer, although we are partially convinced that
he is going to outlive us, simply because he's too stupid to die.

Sunday saw my first fully booked shift in my private practice. It was amazing. I love my office space, and I love working there. I have found that when I am left to my own devices and I have no one else to answer to, my massages are very different. In a good way. I am looking forward to many, many more fully booked shifts!

My private office. I LOVE this space!

On Monday (just yesterday!) I picked up a shift at the wellness center in Stowe. Even though I left about a year and a half ago, my heart always remained there. I missed everything about it. I have remained friends with many people who still work there - including the Manager - and I reached out on Friday to see if there was anything for me, maybe once or twice a week or on an "as needed" basis. It's a long way to drive for full time work, but once a week or so is manageable. It turned out, she was desperate for help yesterday. So I went in and worked a full shift.

It was like going home. Nothing really had changed at all. Being there made me feel so happy. Moreover, it felt like I was once again contributing financially to the household. As much as my practice is supporting itself and slowly growing, I am not yet at the point where I can give myself a paycheck. That is coming, but in the mean time, I've got to say that this felt good.

Today, I have nothing planned. I'll take care of some household chores, and hang with the T-Dawg, who seems to be sticking close to my side after two days of Doggie Daycare.

Every day is a precious gift.

We love you, Beck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck