Unplugging

I am trying an experiment this week. I am (mostly) unplugging from Facebook. I'm not going 100% like Best Guy, who has temporarily deactivated his account. Because I use it as my main marketing tool, it doesn't make sense to completely ignore it for a week. But for the week, I am off Facebook by 9am, and that's the last I check in for 24 hours. If anyone needs to get in touch, they know how. And if they don't know how, they shouldn't be getting in touch anyway.

I'm doing this for a few reasons:

1. Facebook is a huge time suck. You get lost in the posts and discussions and arguments. You log on to google something important and relevant, and the next thing you know you've spent 30 minutes on Facebook and you still don't have that pertinent info, because you forgot to search for it.

2. I feel like I've become a little too reliant on it. Reliant? Addicted? Well, maybe a little more the latter. Bored? Check the news feed. Feeling lonely? Check in on Facebook, someone will respond to you if you post something. Eating lunch? Might as well get on Facebook instead of paying attention to what I'm doing. I fully expect to go through some withdrawls by the time I hit 3pm this afternoon.

3. All. The. Damned. Politics. OMFG. Seriously. People posting information, mis-information, quotes, misquotes, declarations of lucidity and lucricity. I just cannot cope with it anymore. It is overwhelming and anxiety inducing and I just do not want to expose myself to the negativity anymore.

What am I going to do with all my free time? Probably go nuts. But I hear that passes after a day or so. I'm hoping to spend more time outside, more time reading all of these books I've accumulated and put off, maybe learn a little something along the way. Maybe (gasp) get out of the house. Maybe (gasp gasp) exercise.

I think I'm going to need to pace myself.

This is where I'll be for the next week. Ahhhhhh.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon