The Power of Suggestion

I have been feeling pretty good about my state of being lately. No, of course it isn't perfect. But I have been feeling really good about the space I have been in. I feel like I've been able to do all that needs to be done, and still have time left over for family, friends, and fun.

Slowly but surely, other things start to creep in...

How is your business going? Slow, huh? Are you okay with that? Aren't you worried about getting more clients?

Those are your business goals? That's great... (with a look of "oh, child, why are you undercutting yourself so badly? Do you have so little faith in yourself?")

Wow, you are really lucky your husband has such a good paying job. He's so understanding.

Aren't you worried?

Well, I wasn't.

Headdesk.

I like where I am and how I'm feeling right now. For the first time in a very long time, my worries and stresses are at a minimum. I am meeting my goals. I am enjoying myself, and I feel a balance in my life I have not felt in a very long time.

But apparently that is supposed to worry me.

Apparently, I am supposed to be slaving over marketing ploy after marketing ploy. I'm supposed to be bending over backwards and be doing crazy things in order to get clients on the table - any client, any warm body, best not to be discerning because you need to have a full schedule now now now!

So even though up until now I've been feeling damn good about things, that damned power of suggestion (projection?) is seeping in. So now, instead of doing things comfortably at my own pace and still meeting all of my goals, I have this urge to push myself further and harder and with an air of desperation.

This is not how I want to run my life. I've been there, I've done that. I do not want to go back.

Yes, I have things to work on. Yes I have things I need to be doing. But please do not project your definitions of success, failure, and panic time on to me.

I am exactly where I need to be. I have no doubt in my success. None.

I am happy.

I am good.

My office. I love working here. Come see me! www.triskelevt.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck