And.... We're Back.

May has been a crazy roller coaster of a month. Now that it is coming to a close, life is settling back in to its normal wackiness.

Gelatos in Montreal during our mini-moon.

Best Guy is going back to work tomorrow, so I will once again be a semi stay-at-home pet mom. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. Toby likes the quiet so being here with one of us is his secondary preferred state. His primary is both of us spending all day every day feeding him and scratching his tum-tum.

Rolling around in the grass is da bomb giggity.

My car, after spending the better part of two weeks in our garage not moving has decided to lock the rear brakes (or emergency brake, we're not sure) so I cannot use it. Tomorrow will be a day of towing and of cringing when I hear how much it's going to take to get it moving again.

I am - finally - ready to start work again in earnest. Taking a month off has been a breather I didn't know how desperately I needed until within the last day or so. I have finally felt the antsy feeling that means it is time to return. That I needed 30 days to get to that point is a pretty clear indication that I pushed myself too far for too long.

Moving forward, I have developed a loose schedule that delineates work and play time, and has self-care woven into it. I have time for everything, and most importantly I have time for myself. Something I have been historically not so good at doing and something I am striving to improve upon this go around. I have been given a great gift of time; I shall not squander it.

As it is Memorial Day, I hope each of you has a good one and takes a moment to remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. Maybe it is a family member, maybe it is a general thanks that you send out. Either way, thankful is a good place to inhabit.

Onward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon