Working on Things...

Always and forever working on things.

The wedding is becoming a front-and-center thing these days. With only one month and 22 days remaining, work on this is starting to pick up again. Last week, Best Guy downloaded and filled out our license application. We've officially hit the 60-day window in which we can apply and tie the knot. We are planning on filing it within the next couple days.

Attendee counts will be due to the caterer before much longer. We're going to have to start confirming with our various vendors (like three. It's a good thing we're low key) and I'm going to have to start finishing some of these DIY projects. My mom is visiting this weekend and we're going to get her a Mother of the Bride outfit. My Best Chick is also driving up to join us. Best Guy has his outfit pulled together already. It's getting toward the time where we need to start figuring out our week of- and day of- schedule.

It's getting close.

I don't have my dress yet, but I'm not worried about it. I've seen some of my friend's ideas and holy wow! I am so excited to see what she comes up with. It's going to be glorious. I still need to buy shoes. I made a necklace, but if I can find a better one for a reasonable price I'll buy it. Mainly because the pretty necklace I made doesn't lay very well when I put it on.

We tore out a closet in the second bedroom this past weekend. We came to the conclusion a month or two ago that it wasn't original. There's another closet in the room that matches the closets in the other rooms. This one had a hot-air return and an electrical outlet in it. So we dismantled it, but a few holes in the wall, and gained a massive amount of extra space and light. Since we are having our living room professionally painted, we're having the guy look at our dry wall in that room to see if he can repair it or who he can recommend. We're also looking at some minor electrical changes to the bathroom. I guess this is what being a homeowner is like. Kinda nifty.

There are other things I am working on, things that are actually trumping wedding planning. Which are slight downers but also very good things... unfortunately you're going to have to live with the vague-posting for now. Hopefully I will be able to update everyone before too much longer.

Not much of a post.... it's kind of been a crazy couple weeks and I've been on a roller coaster. I'm tired. But there is hope at the end of the tunnel, and I'm clinging on to that.

Hope, and a wedding.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck