Crazy Days, Yo. Crazy Days.

Once again just realized how quickly the time is rushing past by looking at my last post date. Let's see what I can come up with. It's going to be a highly random list. So don't say I didn't warn you.

1. I have been dealing with a lingering ick for almost the entire month of January. The bronchitis is pretty much gone, but due to the fact the lymphs etc in my throat would not fracking drain it went up into my ears. And my tongue hurt, for frak's sake. Like I'd sprained it or something. It got so bad that Saturday night I was thisclose to having Best Guy take me to an urgent care facility. In the end, the fact that we'd both waste hours and money to have the doctor tell me to take more Advil was just not worth it. Instead, BG suggested I take a Benadryl and holy frak that knocked me out and I got the first full night's sleep I'd had in almost a month.

The good news is that my everything in my throat has finally gone back to normal, and my tongue is now just slightly annoying as opposed to downright painful. My ear is finally draining, although it is again taking its own sweet time. Because of the tongue thing and the fact that I seemed to respond to allergy meds, I've taken the liberty of cutting out apples, walnuts and almond milk from my diet. Historically I have never had a problem with any of these, but it felt like it got a lot worse after eating walnuts Saturday night, so I decided that maybe not eating any of these potential culprits for a while might be in my best interest. Once everything sorts itself out I'll add them back in. It should be obvious pretty quickly if I've developed an aversion to any of them.

2. 119 until the wedding. Not that I'm counting or anything. Things are going well. I sat down with the budget this morning and made a few calculations regarding how much we have left budget wise, and then how much we actually have left to work with once we take out earmarked funds (caterer, baker, officiant fees, etc). There's not a lot left so I've been making some pretty serious cuts. Of course, things shift and there may always be room to add a couple things back in. But for now, in order to curb my spending, they've been cut.

I was talking to BG last night how I sometimes get frustrated. I am extremely happy with the direction our wedding is taking, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But.... sometimes I wish we could be as free and easy with the money as so many other people seem to be with the wedding. I wish I could have invited a lot more of my friends and family. I wish I could get my hairs did and my makeup done without having to worry about whether or not it will go over on the budget. I wish we could afford a photographer. I wish we could afford a venue that would allow us a sit-down dinner (and I wish we could afford  to provide 100+ people food and drink). I wish I could afford a crazy awesome cake. I wish I could afford a Wedding Planner so my introvert self doesn't have to make all the vendor contacts.

If wishes were horses. What? There'd be a lot of poop? I don't know. It's a moot point. This is going to be a super awesome shindig and I'm coming out of it with a Top-Notch Fella. So in the end, I'm definitely the Big Winner. Cake schmake.

3. I quit Weight Watchers back at the beginning of January. I gave it three months. I was struggling for most, and then they rolled out their yearly changes and it just did not gel with me. So, I'm back on Spark People. I know I've said this before, but when you've only got like 10 pounds or less to lose, Weight Watchers just isn't as effective. I've given myself a long time to lose 10 pounds on Spark People, so I seem to be able to work it. It's the never ending battle for me.

4. I have been struggling internally a great deal in regards to whether or not I actually want to have a private practice. I'm trying to define how it is I want to practice, what I want out of it, and whether or not I even want the responsibility of owning my own business. So, I've been struggling a lot. Because there is a lot of freedom that comes with going out on your own, but there is also a lot you have to carry by yourself. I am unsure of what I actually want and/or need to do at this point. It is frustrating.

I guess that is it for now. Crazy days...

Cupcake Tastings. How bad can life be?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck