So.... This Happened Last Night....

Storm Trooper genuinely liked my R2D2 scarf. Also, this picture made me extremely happy.

Oh yeah.

I have been a huge Star Wars fan since the beginning. 4-6. We don't talk about 1-3 because WTF were you thinking George Lucas?

So, to see this movie on opening night with all my people was fantastic.
The line as seen in the ceiling of the theater. Hey, it's Vermont. That's a line.

People cheered when I wanted to cheer, they clapped when I wanted to clap, and they got all of the inside jokes and asides.

To see a franchise that meant so very much to me take a nose dive was disheartening. To see it resurrected, well, it does a heart good. I'm not saying the movie was perfect. Best Guy (who is less than a fan than I am [I don't hold that against him]) had a few niggles from the night and I can't say I disagree with him. But overall, the movie gave us everything we wished 4-6 had given us.

In-Line Selfie! Only one hour to wait at this point before we got into the theater.

We all have those stories (fairy tales, books, TV series, comics, whatever) that somehow just resonate with us in a way that nothing else does. I can't explain why I've been obsessed with Star Wars since I was five. I've seen the original movies so many times I don't actually need to see the movies anymore. There is something about this story, this plight of the hero, this yearning to fulfill this deep knowledge that you were meant for something greater, that just speaks to me.

Also, it's my life's goal to be a Jedi. Just sayin'.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck