Sometimes You Have to Stop and Wonder

Today is Thursday. I have somehow managed - despite now having two jobs - to continue having this day and my weekends free. It means working three 12 hour days, but still. My Thursdays are still blissfully, blessedly mine.

I often use them to get chores done so my weekends can be free for fun. I'll go out to the bank, run errands, make appointments, etc etc. The nature of the Massage Therapist beast is that it can be difficult to take time off. Because more often than not, if you're working for someone else you don't get time off. No sick days, no vacation days, and if you're working at a spa attached to a hotel, you don't get holidays either.

Which is one more reason I need to get my private practice up and running, but that's neither here nor there.

Today, after spending the last three weeks running around without any kind of break, I decided to take it easy. In fact, it's after 3pm now and I have yet to leave the house. I'm kind of actually not planning on leaving the house, either. I'm sitting in our living room, in our rocking chair. I'm sitting in the afternoon sunshine, watching the colored leaves blow in the wind. I'm reading a for-fun-not-thinking book. I'm on Pinterest getting food ideas for when we meet with a potential caterer next week. I'm listening to the cats snore as they sleep on the couch.

I am content.

And I am also humbled. If you had asked me even two years ago if I thought any of this was in my future, I'd have sighed and said I'd given up on this pipe dream a long time ago. But here I am, in a house, with furniture, and pets, and the best of the Best Guys ever. This is my home, This is our home. Sometimes it still bowls me over that I have been graced with such abundance.

I am grateful. I am humbled.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck