I Seem to Have a Lot to Say Lately

1. I've started Weight Watchers again. I would like to permanently misplace about 12 pounds. Everything I've tried for the last year or two hasn't worked at all and with a certain event just seven months away, I figure now is the time. This will give me ample opportunity to lose the weight, put it back on over Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then lose it again. I am nothing if not a planner. I have access to a blog over on that site (that is not shared with anyone who is not a member) so I will be using that to chronicle my journey instead of whining about it here. I'm sure you're fine with that.

2. I have a new (part-time) job that starts... today. Yikes! It was all kind of sudden and still a little up in the air for various and sundry reasons that I'll not post here. I probably shouldn't post this here either. But I did. WHAT. Look at me, shooting the bird to convention. Under the table. Where no one can catch me doing it. If all goes according to plan, it will lend some consistency to what I am contributing to the household financially. Something that has been sorely lacking for the last several months and has made me feel a little guilty. Best Guy has been nothing but understanding and awesome. But when you feel like you aren't pulling your own weight, it - ha ha - weighs on you.

3. Speaking of finances... Best Guy and I have started the process of merging bank accounts. What. The. Frackity Fuck. Everything is truly becoming "ours" instead of "mine" and "yours". My brain has yet to wrap around the concept. I don't know what I'm going to do when I start looking at a bank account that actually has money in it. What am I supposed to do with that? I don't understand this concept of "being able to afford a new shirt." Whaaaaat?

4. Did you know Michael's has a shit-ton of DIY wedding invites? Ranging from super-simple blank white invites and envelopes (100 for $18) to fancier ones that are $40 for 30. BG and I are absolutely fine with going for invites that don't match anything if it means we can get them that cheaply. It's not like we're inviting everyone and their family; we want our final head count to be around 50 people, so even buying two packets of the expensive ones means we're still getting off more cheaply than we would to have our own printed.

5. We are also thinking seriously about doing up a wedding website. Initially we weren't going to, but the more I read the more it seemed like it would be a good place to put vital information, especially for those coming in from out of state. This way, we won't have to clog the invites with extra pieces of paper detailing accommodations, maps, etc etc. Plus, people will be able to RSVP right on the website. Good for the environment and our pocket book.

Okay... I need to get my but in gear and eat some breakfast before heading out to my new job. I always cut it so close in the morning...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude Abounds

Project 251: Boldly Going to Nowheresville, VT

UK Honeyswoon