Happy One

I met Best Guy online. Before we met in person, we spent a fair amount of time messaging back and forth on the Dating Site. I asked him how he came up with such an original band name, and his reply was "meet me for a drink and I'll tell you."

I thought he had some chutzpah so I agreed to meet him for a drink at a local cidery. Because we have those in Vermont. We have a lot of those in Vermont. I think we've become the unofficial artisanal hard cider capital of the world.

Anyway.

That was one year ago today. Exactly 365 days ago we met for the first time, sampled a flight of ciders, ate cheese and crackers, and delighted over pub fries. We talked. And talked. And talked.

We have pretty much sampled the gamut this past year: love, loss, new jobs, moving, home renovation, travel... you name it, all of the things that "test" a relationship were thrown at us. And we held on to each other and kept going. One of us may have been laughing hysterically while the other made weird noises. 

My life has been made immeasurably better by the presence of Best Guy. My love for him grows more each day, each minute, each second.

My heart is full,

I love you, Sweet Baboo.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck