Climb Every Mountain

It has been a while since I've done any kind of updating here.... my apologies!

Things have been simultaneously busy and not-busy here, and I have spent a good portion of my weekends on the go and a good portion of my weekdays worrying about how slow things currently are at my new job. I have been assured by multiple people multiple times that is not the norm and it shouldn't last very long. I'm trying to do that thing where I trust, but it's hard. I am, however, grateful that my Partner has a steady, well-paying job. If I were still single, my freak-out would be hitting maximum levels right now.

Yesterday (Sunday), we were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast when I blurted out "let's hike something today." It was apropos of nothing, but it was a gorgeous day and perfect for being outside. So we hiked Pinnacle in Stowe Vermont. It was rated "moderate" and I've heard it described as "pretty easy". Um, yes. If you hike regularly. If you don't, well... it's a little more than moderate. But we had a blast and the view from the top was amazing.

I love how they had to chain the sign, I'm guessing because people kept stealing it.

Only 2/3rds of the way to go...

Towards the start of the trail, this guy appeared. Yes, I went in.

Almost to the top

The view from the top. Looking out over Stowe VT and towards Mount Mansfield

Best Guy going for the gold

Cameras never seem to capture just how steep something is...

Also, we had ibuprofin in the car, for which we were both very thankful. My knees are not what they once were.

It was absolutely wonderful spending some time in the woods. As much as I am an urbanite who loves her creature comforts, there is something about the trees, the leaves, the moss, the rocks... they bring me joy in a way I cannot begin to describe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck