Another Rotation Around the Sun

Yesterday was my 41st birthday.

Whaaaaa?

Since I had to work yesterday, Best Guy took me out to a birthday dinner the night before. There is a new kebab place in town and let me tell you, we're going to go back. All the noms. And then yesterday morning I woke up to BG bringing me coffee in bed. SWOON. He's a keeper, he is.

Otherwise, it was a very low-key day. We're still packing, we're still working, we're still trying to figure out the logistics of moving. We finally got closing times for Friday. Which even I know is a little late in the game. It's going to be a very long day and even with a time line established we're not entirely sure of the logistics.

It actually changed a bit after I took that picture. We added in an extra hour of things
 to do, but somehow "Get Drunk" was only pushed back 15 minutes. Because I am a Master Organizer.

Like, the cats. The poor cats who are going to end up sitting in my car in pet carriers for the better part of five hours. At least it's probably going to be a cooler day than it has been over the last week. We can't really dose them because of their age. We're both a little uncertain as to how this is going to work. They are going to be uncomfortable and angry with us and as much as we hate it, there really isn't anything we can do about it.

In the meantime, we're sleeping on a mattress on the floor. We're eating meals I pre-cooked on Sunday so I could use up everything in the fridge. All of the TV surround sound stuff has been packed away. Today, I am going to finish packing up the kitchen, So we're going to spend the next couple days using two plates, two bowls, two spoons and a knife.

Also, last night I finished a bottle of wine. Hey... it needed using up. And it was my birthday. You don't get drunk on your birthday, you get extra festive.

Yeah.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck