Flexibility.... It's Not Just About Touching Your Toes

This morning after Best Guy left for work, I felt a desperate need to get outside. It was still chilly, but the sun was shining and I needed to GET OUT. So I did something I rarely do... I took a long walk at 8:30 in the morning.

If you've met me, you'd know that I am pretty much useless before 10am, even if I'm up and about. But the need to be in nature was overwhelming, so off I went.

I walked down to my favorite park and found that it was early enough that I could sit on any rock I chose.

So I sat.

I listened to the birds. I listened to the waves. I felt the wind. I felt the cold of the rock I sat on. I felt the sun doing its best to warm this little part of the planet.

I watched the waves as they licked the rocks, playing with the wintered-over grass. I watched the grass. The orangey-brown long blades of grass undulated with each wave. Those were strong roots, holding that grass in place. It didn't fight the relentless waves as they came, one after the other. No, it danced with the waves. Moving in time to their rhythm. Floating as they crashed on the rocks.

I figure I can learn something from that grass.

I can fight, I can try to control problem after problem, issue after issue...

Or I can ride the waves. I can dance.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck