All the Small Things

1. New employment may be soon. I am going in today to fill out new-hire paperwork, but it is not final until a background check can be completed. So background company, if you're reading this.... HI! I hope you find my entries quirky and though-provoking.

As I am transitioning from one job to another, I am finding that for the first time ever I am grieving for the job I am leaving. This has never happened before. Oh, don't get me wrong; I have missed co-workers and done my best to keep in touch with friends I made over the years, but this is the first time I am sad at leaving a position. I catch myself at odd times wanting to cry. It is a good ending for the best of reasons, but I will miss that place. So it has been interesting navigating the swings between exciting new ventures and grieving what is coming to a close.

2. Speaking of...  My vacation is just 2.5 days away. Yesterday I didn't think I was going to make it. Today, I have hope. Although I think it is going to be a very long couple of days. I was in a pretty bad mood yesterday. I was Soul Tired. I was misreading everything and taking everything the wrong way. I am Over Due for this break. And I'm sure what I posted above wan't compounding my foul mood at all. Nope.

3. After a quick negotiation, the buyer agreed on our price and we are now under contract with our soon-to-be new home. I am so excited. I have bought a book on gardening and my Pinterest board has lit up with potential projects. Which is ironic because I suck at home improvement projects. But if all I have to do is glue it together, we have a winner! We still have a ways to go before all is final, and as a friend pointed out nothing is set until you've got the keys in your hand. All of this I know. But I am choosing to focus on the positives because living my life focusing on what *might* go wrong sucks the fun out of everything. So we'll deal with things as they pop up, but otherwise I'm planning a vegetable garden. In that corner of the yard. It's the perfect spot, really.

4. It is quiet here this morning. The cats are upstairs sleeping, and Buddy has been brought to Doggie Daycare for this bi-weekly overnight stay. Best Guy is at work. It's just me at the kitchen table, sitting in the sun, drinking a cup of coffee.

5. I am so very, very grateful.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck