Daycation: Montreal!

Yesterday (Sunday) morning, Best Guy and I were laying around in bed after having gotten up for a while and then deciding that horizontal was better than vertical, trying to decide what to do with the day. It was gearing up to be a spectacular Lazy Bastard Sunday when I once again voiced my overwhelming need for something - anything - green to prove that the world is not going to get stuck  in Winter.

A half hour later, we are dropping the dog off at Doggie Daycare and heading north to Montreal for the day.

FIELD TRIP!!!!

There happens to be a botanical garden up there, and after much driving around and getting the name of it wrong, we found it. Much to my delight, we went in and walked around. Ahhhhhhhhhh.





This guy was just some random turtle. I didn't see any other wild life while I was in there. I have named him George.

 I could move in there right now, but it was enough to be able to touch some actual greenery. We couldn't stay long because of Best Guy's allergies, but it was enough to get me through another few weeks in the frozen tundra.

After that, we found BG's favorite music shop and spent a good amount of time there perusing the CDs.


After that we briefly wandered around Old Montreal. It was a Sunday afternoon and the high might have been about 10 degrees up there with wind, so we didn't stay outside for very long. Had dinner at a pub there and then headed home.


It was a lovely, spur-of-the-moment getaway that was much needed. We both had a load of fun, and we've got a list of things we want to hit later on when the weather gets better: more of Old Montreal, a Tim Horton's and poutine!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck