Storage

This weekend Best Guy and I are bringing a bunch of things up to my Mom's for storage. It is a bit of a PITA but renting a van for a couple days is way cheaper than five months of a storage unit rental, so there you are.

I have started bringing easily transportable things to Best Guy's condo. Most of my clothes are now here... because that half of the closet isn't truly mine until the red heels are safely tucked away. I've also started bring other little pieces of me here. My cookie jar, a couple of plants, my cast iron frying pan. Little bits and pieces of me that make it easier to feel truly at home.

Last week I was stressing out pretty badly. I felt like I was being pulled in a zillion different directions and I had no place I could go where I could decompress. Now I do. It is funny that just bringing a few things to the condo made such a huge difference. I can see Me here now. This is my place too.

I was remarking to Best Guy last night that when I first starting spending serious time here, I brought little left-overs so I wouldn't have to pack a bag every week - extra pjs and socks, a spare eyeliner and lipstick. Now, the left-overs are in my apartment and the real deal is here in the condo. There's been a major shift. I'm more here than there now, even though most of the boxes are still there.

I still have a great deal left to do, and I have a hard time focusing on it because it stresses me out. But as in all things, it will all get done eventually and it will all be fine. And the best part is, this time I'm not doing it alone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force