Breathing is Good, I'd Like to Do it Again Someday Soon.

What a freaking whirlwind the last week has been. New Year's Eve was amazing.

Disco Ball Dress, Git down, boogie oogie oogie...

....and then I came down with a cold.

It whopped me good. Actually, at first I thought it was just a hangover. But hangovers generally don't go into the next day or result in fevers. I ended up going home from work early on Friday and took Saturday off. I'm supposed to be back at it tomorrow but thankfully someone is willing to cover for me because I can't breathe right now and this cough does not lend itself to relaxation.

This has been quite the lesson for me on many fronts. First and foremost, that I need to know my limits. I pushed way past them these last couple of weeks and of course my immune system became compromised. Secondly, playing the martyr helps no one. Trying to "soldier through" when I can barely stay upright isn't proving that I am better or stronger; just that I'm more stubborn. Thirdly, it's okay to let people take care of me. Best Guy kept me fed and watered and was the one to figure out I had a temperature of 100.5 and helped me get it under control. Finally, taking the time you need to heal is not letting anyone down. And if it is, well, that is a whole different set of issues that need to be addressed.

So, here I am at home, learning lessons and trying to breathe. Welcome, 2015.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force