Christmas Eve

Today marks Day 3 of a 6-day extended shift work week. I am pulling out all the stops and I am grateful for all the work I'm getting. Unfortunately, this also means that I will be working on Christmas Day. I have one massage booked and I will stay to reception. We are open all holidays, although it's a crap shoot as to whether or not they are busy.

This evening Best Guy is coming over, so we will have Christmas Eve and Christmas morning together. We won't be doing anything special for dinner tonight as it will be after 8pm before I even get home. Plus historically the Williams Family usually fails Christmas Eve dinner. We always forget about it and end up just snacking through the evening. Which is what we'll do tonight. I'll have finger foods and cookies. Although the jury is still out as to whether I make the latter this morning or just buy some when I head to the store later. Also historically, store-bought Christmas cookies were sacrilege in our house. We are not a particularly religious family, but if we were said to worship anything it would be baked goods. However, I think the cookie gods will understand this time around.

It will be a small little Christmas morning since I have to leave for work by 11, but it will be our first so I'm sure it will be sweet and gushy because Best Guy will be there.  I've made some cinnamon buns (OMG you guys they came out AMAZEBALLS) and some egg and hash brown muffins for Christmas breakfast.

The Williams Family Christmas will be happening this Sunday at my brother's house. We will all pretend it is Christmas Day and there will be stockings and real homemade Christmas cookies and a feast and a half. Best Guy will also get to participate in that so again with the swoon.

Did I mention he's the best Christmas present?

Who needs Christmas cookies when I can manage saccharine gooberiness all on my own?

Whatever you celebrate this time of year (even if the only thing you're celebrating is the fact you get the 25th off every December), I hope it is a good one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force