Artistic Endeavors


 My grandmother painted this. It was just something she did sometimes. It is, most ironically enough, a picture of the town in which I currently work. Heck, my current place of employment is the red brick building. Kinda ironic, especially considering she most likely painted it before I was born.

Mom is pretty sure she either painted it from memory or an old photo, because there is some definite artistic license taken with the geography. I know exactly the view she's looking at based on the landmarks, but there are a lot of buildings missing that would have been there when she painted it. It's a quaint little town and such places tend not to change that much.

My grandmother was an untrained artist. She was also a nurse in World War 2 (where she met my biological grandfather), later on a career nurse and mother and stepmother, a library volunteer, an author, and an all 'round amazing lady.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force