Out of the Depths

I am going through old journals and pulling out entries that speak to me. I'm doing this in hopes of pulling some kind of book together. Which I first mentioned like forever ago but a recent prompt from my friend Cheryl has gotten me back on the path.

I started my earliest journal when I was 13, but wrote in only once or twice a year. When I was 29 started making entries on a regular basis. These days, I go through about a journal a year. That's in addition to what I write here. Books upon books of drudgery, with some hidden gems among the pages. This is one of them. It was undated in the journal, but written sometime in 2001 or 2002, when I would have been 27/28. I wrote of lot of schlock poetry back then (hell I still do), but the simplicity of this one has always enchanted me.

Mists hide
future slide
desire flies
hidden eyes
lost me
soon see
run away
new day
horizon view
need new
find mine
dark shine
forward

I may or may not have posted this one here before. Frankly I'm too lazy to go back and check, so if I have just nod and smile.

Which is always good advice.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force