Because Sometimes You Need to Just Stop Bitching and Do It.

I have been eating like a 12-year old boy this week.

It has been AWESOME. Chicken nuggets and tater tots as far as the eye can see.

However, I'm fairly certain that my arteries have clogged and my cholesterol has sky-rocketed. High blood pressure? Sure, let's add that on for good measure. Why not?

So yeah. It's gotten to the point where even I am sicking of listening to myself bitch about the spare tire around my middle. So - as we like to say in my family - it's time to fish or cut bait. We say this mainly because my brother for years did not understand why you couldn't do both and would argue that the saying made no sense and he didn't get it. This is also the guy who when asked what the sound of one hand clapping is, will actually clap one hand. He can do it. It's weird.

And we're back.

I briefly checked out Weight Watchers, as that is where I lost most of my weight the first time around. However, the $50 joining fee put me off because me=poor. Also, WW is fine and dandy if you have a lot of weight to lose (which I did), but when you've only got a small amount, it doesn't work quite so well. It's also more focused on the individual who spends their entire life eating like a 12-year old boy, not just a week. I know from healthy, I just sometimes choose to ignore it.

I have also used LiveStrong in the past, but never really liked it. I always felt like it was trying to fit me into some kind of mold I obviously didn't fit in (mainly I'm not male nor am I an athlete), and it wasn't tracking things I actually wanted to track. At least, I couldn't without paying the money, which I wasn't willing to do because of the aforementioned "poor" and also I didn't really like it.

This time I am trying SparkPeople. I checked it out once a loooong time ago and was unimpressed, but I have to say I am liking it a lot more this time around. I can customize it to my needs (it takes into account I have an active job), rewards goals met instead of shouting at you when you don't reach them, and also takes into account the fact that emotions and stress can lead to overeating. Because me? Stress eat? NEVER.

So, hopefully, I will follow this through and reach my relatively simple goals. Because I absolutely REFUSE to buy a larger size yoga pant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force