These Hips Don't Lie

I am no longer able to eat like I did when I was 20. Or 30.

Pout.

For the most part I am pretty accepting of my body... as much as any woman in a Western culture can be these days. However, I'm carrying around a little too much of me and no matter what or how I try I just can't seem to get rid of it. I don't want to lose a lot; I've come to the conclusion that I'll never see my lowest weight again and I'm okay with that. 5 pounds. That's all. And they will. not. budge.

So, I am keeping a food diary. I'm being extremely honest. I'm not trying to eat better to skew the results. I want to see what I'm eating, how I'm eating, when I'm eating, and perhaps target some of the issues.

I've already come to the conclusion that I can no longer eat Ricotta cheese. I've been ignoring the issue for a couple years now, but it is officially on the "if I eat it stand far, far away from me" list.

Double pout. Because LASAGNA.

I'm drastically reducing my bread, grain and pasta intake. I've got some whole wheat pasta I'm using up, but once that's gone I think my main grain staple will be rice. I'm not cutting out breads altogether because life is meant for living, but more like down to every once in a while when I'm out and about. I don't think I necessarily have digestive issues with it; it's more of a can't stop once I start issue.

So we're going to try the food diary for a couple weeks and then take a good hard look at what I could be doing better. Because there is always room for improvement.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck