Another Loss

I found out last night that one of my cousins died suddenly over the weekend of unknown causes. She was only 33 years old.

I remember when she was born. She was the cutest little thing, and I had no idea what to do with a baby (heck, I was only seven at the time). She was the oldest child of... honestly I forget how many but I think it was at least seven brothers and sisters, which is not common for this state. She cared deeply for each of her siblings and was like a second Momma to them all.

It is strange how this is another relative to whom I was not particularly close, but her unexpected loss was like a sucker-punch. 33 year old women in the prime of their life are not supposed to keel over and die.

I was speaking to my brother last night about this and we're both terrified about who the "3rd" is going to be. First my Uncle, now my Cousin... if you need me you can find me hiding under the bed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force