Follow Your Spirit

Yesterday on Facebook, I posted a list of possible class ideas I have for teaching in the coming months. I listed four possibilities:

  1. Yoga for the Pretzel Disinclined
  2. Yoga for Newbies
  3. Geek Yoga
  4. Catharsis: Integrating Body, Mind and Soul through Dance Meditation
The first two are actually pretty similar, and I believe I've talked about Geek Yoga here before. Catharsis, however is a new one. I came up with it yesterday on my drive in to work. Because what else am I going to think about? Certainly not driving...

Anyway, I got a lot of great feedback, but the best had to come from my friend Cheryl (Hi, Cheryl!). She said: "What makes your heart flutter most? Do that."

What's making my heart flutter most is #4 and #2. But really #4. There are many classes out there right now that do something similar, and I'm certified in none of them. Yet. But I truly believe that I can come up with a class that would be enjoyable and worthwhile. The idea of it excites and terrifies me, so I must be on the right path.

I need to do a little more research, a little more planning, and come up with a practice session with a couple friends whom I trust and would give me beneficial feedback. But this feels good. Real good.

Holy crap.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force