The Root of the Matter

I think that - finally - I am coming to the end of this Root Chakra exploration. Well, this incarnation anyway. There's always something else, isn't there?

A few weeks ago, I came to a revelation that has since helped me reframe my responses to certain situations. I have noticed a positive difference in my attitude and other people's reactions to my attitude. This is still a work in progress as I am essentially retraining basic responses I learned a very long time ago, but I am able to catch myself now before I make a negative leap. Which is huge.

As big as that revelation was, I felt like there was something else related to it but hadn't revealed itself yet. So, as I've been working on the above one, I just kind of kept myself open to figuring out what the second one was. I didn't actively pursue it; I just figured when the time was right it would come.

So it did. Yesterday afternoon at the Laundromat some time before the rinse cycle.

I was reading this book when I looked up, and all of the separate pieces that have been floating around my brain suddenly fit together into a completed puzzle. All of these little bits that I have acknowledged individually and wondered about for years but never connected... suddenly it all made sense. I was able to see the cause and effect that influenced my behavior since time out of mind.

So yeah... mind blown sitting in a plastic chair waiting to transfer my laundry into a dryer.

I am not sure what next steps are at the moment. Although catching myself in this learned behavior is surely one of them. This will be a long-term project, as re-wiring tends to be. All I know is, as I was driving to dance class last night I felt lighter and a surge of energy opened my heart chakra nice and wide. At least I know I am on the right path.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck