The 10 Commandments, with a Twist

I came up with this idea while I was dozing this morning. It was followed by a dream wherein I posed myself a ridiculous riddle and I used my powers of intellect to successfully solve it and thus win. I don't know what I won; I woke up.

My brain is weird.

Anyway, this whole 10 Commandments thing. They're all "thou shalt not." What if they were given a positive spin? Would people be more likely to say, now that's something I can get behind? I dunno. But it stuck in my head and now you get to read it. Aren't you lucky?

Here they are, specifically. Because I couldn't remember them generally. I'm a heathen, remember?
I present to you the 10 Commandments, Positively Speaking:
1. I am first always in your heart.
2. Recognize the difference between truth and fiction. Choose truth.
3. Swearing is declasse.
4. Take a day to rest, relax, and generally find yourself again.
5. Respect the knowledge and lessons those more experienced than you can impart.
6. Respect life.
7. Respect your relationships.
8. Respect the needs of others.
9. Honesty is the best policy.
10. Be grateful for what you have.

Giving them a positive spin really highlights the similarities between the 10 Commandments and the Yamas and Niyamas. When you get down to the basics, a good idea is a good idea. And that sometimes, to reach a broader audience you have to say the same thing a little differently. I really wish people would recognize that and not get so caught up in who said what and who's more right.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck