What's This Crazy Girl Up To Now?

Okay, so first I need to get this out of the way:


Good? Very good.

Grinz.

So yesterday I was out and about doing my Fall Food Stocking Journey. Yes, the Costco run. I actually came in under budget there, and I do believe I'm the first person to ever say that. In addition to Costco, I went to a local health food store for a couple bulk items and local eggs, and this great store called Cheese Traders. They have fantastic cheeses (of course), great wines, interesting European foods, and so on and so forth. They also have an ever-changing selection of discounted items like over-stocks, dented cans (which are almost always organic) or discontinued items.

I was wandering around in there stocking up on dented organic bpa-free canned beans ($1.25 vs. $2.50, yo) when I wandered into the fridge section and found this:


I've been toying around with the idea of doing a juice cleanse/fast for a little while now, but did not want to go to the hassle or expense of a juicing machine and the ensuing mass of produce that goes with it. This seemed like the perfect compromise. Three days, juices provided, and a little booklet of recipes and directions (apparently you get to eat some on this). Plus is was super cheap, so I wasn't wasting like $30 if I didn't like the juices.

I figured why not?

So, I'm starting it today. I'm drinking the "Prepare" right now. It's nice, but woo does that cayenne give it a kick. I'm going in to this super unprepared. As in, I'm still drinking coffee. Because I really don't feel like taking two weeks to ween myself off my two cups a day, and it's better for humanity if I don't go cold turkey. I also don't really have all the ingredients they call for with some of the recipes, but I'll be damned if I'm going back to the store. I've got enough healthy food to at least stay within the parameters of what they describe in their booklet.

I'll keep you posted. This may all come to a screaming halt tonight after working all day on juice and vegetables. I'll be wandering the streets like a raving lunatic moaning "CHOOOCOLAAAATE"...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck