Stuff

1. I was making good work in catching up with my required yoga classes. That's all gone to pot now. I was too sick to make any classes last week, and this week any physical exertion on my part leads to 20 minutes of coughing. Which makes it awkward and embarrassing for me when I'm doing massages, let me tell you. I can work or I can yoga, and I can barely make it through a day at work so there you go. I've just in the past day or two started my personal practice up again. Doing any kind of forward fold is completely out due to sinuses, and heart openers make me start coughing. So sitting and twisting it is! I'm considering it a win at this point that I'm able to do anything, considering that I have to sleep sitting up on the couch in order to get any sleep at all. It's only been a week, but I am ready for this to be over.

2. We now know who is in the pot with Garlique:

World, I would like you to meet Tomahto. Isn't she beautiful? Covered in little baby tomatoes. I have no idea where she came from but I'm happy she's here!

3. Getting new contact lenses today. I had hoped to put that off as long as possible, but my last one ripped two days ago so it's become a necessity. I hate wearing my glasses. It's okay around the house or maybe out once in a great while, but when I'm forced to wear them every day I feel like I devolve into my high school geeky, shy self. I feel like I am hiding behind the lenses and that I'm missing life. 'Cause I can't see it!!! Anyway, in addition to this expense, my car is getting inspected tomorrow (please god no major issues), I've got rent, cable and car insurance due this week. It's an expensive week. Thank the maker for credit cards!

4. I finally bought some new music the other day. It's a sad, sad day when you don't want to buy music because it's too expensive a download. I bought Pink's "The Truth about Love" and Mumford and Sons' "Babel". Can I tell you just how much I love Pink? She's tough, raunchy, intelligent, funny and insightful, all at the same time. I think I have a girl crush.

5. I've been thinking a lot about my intuitive friends. I seem to be surrounding myself with them lately. Last night I was talking to one of my coworkers who had done a Reiki treatment on someone and had noticed someone else in the room with them. In a spirit way, not "who the hell are you and how did you get in here?!?" kind of way. I wondered why I never got those kinds of flashes. It didn't occur to me until hours later (hello coughing fog brain) that the reason I don't see/hear/get those kinds of intuition is that I have intentionally closed myself off to it. Because I can't handle it. Sometimes I open the door a little way, but I've gotten so used to keeping it closed so I can function that opening it terrifies me. I have also started realizing that I really need to be more in tune with things that "pop" into my brain when I'm working, because I think if I started paying attention I'd find I'd learn a LOT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck