Noms

I eat a lot of salad. My favorite salad dressing hands down is Ranch. I'm not a fan of the super cheap stuff as it tastes nasty. However, I am also not a fan of the way the prices seem to rise as the bottles get smaller for the good stuff.

I finished my last bottle of the goods last night and decided to try my hand at making my own. I figure for about the price of 2 bottles of the good stuff, I could make the equivalent of a big bottle of the icky dressing.

I was right!

I mean, I don't know how much those ball jars hold, but I'm guessing it's a considerable amount. Lord knows it feels like a lot. And the best part is I got to choose what went into it. I'm giving the recipe below in case you want to try it out, but it's not mine. Unfortunately, I PDF'd it ages ago and no longer have the link, so if this is yours, please let me know in the comments and I will gladly link back to you!

For my vegan buds out there, I know when I was vegan I was desperate for ranch and it was hard to find. You could easily make this yourself, using vegan mayo (either making your own or buying it; it's easy to come by these days), vegan sour cream or yogurt, and the non-dairy milk of your choice.

Oh, this stuff has calories. Don't dump the whole shebang on your salad and wonder why you don't lose weight.

Homemade Ranch Dressing/Dip
1 cup Mayonnaise of your choice
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried dill weed
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried chives (optional)
up to one cup milk (if you are making dip, leave this out)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until desired consistency is achieved. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving. The dip will last for 2 months in the fridge. Once you add the milk, its life span goes down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force