Whole 14

Earlier this year, I embarked on an attempt to follow the Whole30 cleanse for 30 days. I made it 11 days before I petered out and bought what was probably the most delicious bread I had ever tasted in my life.

Lately, after several weeks of feeling like I was turning into a loaf of bread, I've decided to revisit this cleanse/whatever it is. However, I also decided to learn from my mistakes the first time around. So I'm doing it with a few modifications:

1. It's going to be Whole14, not Whole30. I know I can't make it a whole month, so instead of setting myself up for defeat, I'll set my self up for success. If I happen to get to day 15 and I want to continue with it, I'm free to. If I get to day 7 and I'm all frak this, it's okay too.

2. I am not following the "allowed" fruit and veg list. If it is a fruit or a veg, it's allowed.

3. I'm still using milk and sugar in my morning coffee. One of the perks from the last go 'round was that I actually started using LESS sugar in my coffee, and I've kept that habit up. I may or may not at some point switch to honey. In regards to the milk, it was already in my fridge and I didn't want it to go bad. When it's gone, if I'm still doing this I'll replace it with almond milk. I'm not going to do the recommended coconut milk in the coffee thing because NO. Just... no. That shite is nasty and life is too short to drink nasty things.

4. If I'm desperate crazy and the difference between making it to Day 14 and crapping out at Day 6 is a bowl of rice, I'm going to have a bowl of effing rice. This is more about the bread for me.

5. I'm going to rely more heavily on the mustard and less so on the mayo. 'Cause that's how I've always rolled. It's a healthy habit, and I'm not giving up a healthy habit just because half of America is addicted to mayonnaise.

So we'll see how things go. It's really more of an "inspired by" than a "to the letter" kind of experiment. I know some people thrive by following the program to the letter. Others start beating themselves up every time they had something "noncompliant" like ketchup. The first time around I was following it so close and was so determined to succeed that I didn't take into account what MY body needed. I am not gluten intolerant, I am not lactose intolerant. This program is really an elimination diet intended to clear your body of both of these things, so you can figure out what is causing your issues.

My issue is I eat too much bread.

Since I already know this, I hope tweaking the program a little to better suit my needs will help break this habit I seem to be having of eating all the bread in the world in one sitting. Let's face it, I'm a year away from 40 (gulp). It's highly likely that I'm going to have to start changing some of my eating habits if I want to continue to stay where I am weight-wise. Maybe this will help tweak some of my bad habits and create some new good ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck