Shadow

My latest teacher training was this past Friday, Saturday and Sunday (today). We spent all of Saturday on retreat at a place called Dreaming Mountain, working with our Shadow self. If you've never heard the term before, it's a Jungian term to describe that part of our selves that we're either ashamed of, embarrassed by, or hiding from.

In other words, it's intense shit.

I think all of us were pretty raw after the work yesterday and we were glad for it to be over. We were comparing notes this morning and pretty much everyone said the same two things: they went home and couldn't stop eating and after they finally finished they all went to bed, exhausted.

I know the rawness followed me in to today, and this was the first time that I didn't really want to be in class. I wasn't feeling it, I was still dealing with residual anger that got stirred up yesterday, and I was just not in the mood to share energy with other people so soon after being mired in other people's shadow crap along with my own.

I stirred up some stuff I sorta knew about, stuff I thought I was passed, and stuff I need to go back and re-examine.

But damned if I have the energy for it now. Right now, I'm taking it easy and vegging in front of the television. My brain can take no more depth, so my plan is Fox Animation Domination Sunday and Mad Men. That's about as shallow as I can get without subjecting myself to TLC Drama.

But in the mean time, check out the beauty that surrounded us while we plumbed the depths:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force