Salty Goodness

A couple weekends ago, my friend Jen, her sister and myself went back down to the salt cave as part of our on-going birthday festivities. Which lasted close to a week. Fun!

While I was there, I took the birthday money Mom gave me and purchased a salt lamp. I should have saved it for grocery money. But pffft. That's no fun. I've been wanting one of these for over a year now and I figured why not now?

Himalayan Salt is found guess where? In the Himalayas. Although the salt is found in Poland and Iran, too. Current theory is that it's found in areas that haven't been exposed to the typical toxins normally found in the atmosphere and seas where our usual salt is found. You can read all about it here if you like. You can ingest it, or you can simply hang out in it to get the benefits. Hence the salt cave and salt lamp. The over all idea of the salt lamp is that the salt is a natural ionizer, and by heating up the salt (gently) it purifies the air. Again, which you can read about here.

Does it really work? Some people will say yes, some people will call shenanigans. For me, I believe it works. I know the salt cave works. I wouldn't have gone back a second time if it didn't. I'd love to go back again. For me, it works on an energetic level. And considering that I am often in other people's energy professionally, getting a good cleaning every once in a while helps.

My salt lamps moves about my apartment. If I'm having a day off and not going anywhere, it sits on my living room altar, nicely lit and giving off a soothing orangey-red glow.
My altar, which I use mainly when doing yoga. Because it's nicer to look at than my refrigerator.

I move it into my bedroom about an hour before bed and turn it on in there to clear it out. It has helped me sleep better. I can't sleep with it on, unfortunately, but I think even just having it in there without the lamp on provides benefits.

And maybe it's all in my head. But if I'm feeling the benefits, does it really matter? Not at all.

So purty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force