Something... more...

Yesterday I attended a 3-hour workshop on dance meditation. It was a beautiful spring day and we raised some wonderful energy. Some of the meditations have stuck with me, and I look forward to integrating them into my practice. Sure, meditation as defined by yoga is generally the seated pose most people are familiar with, but it is far from the only way to do so.

This was the "Fire Hands" Meditation; we're all holding tea candles (unlit due to fire hazard requirements). I'd have left my hands in, but there were other people in the picture and my editing software stinks.
Something really burst forward in me yesterday... a yearning to let my inner Celtic Warrior Goddess out. It's been bubbling underneath the surface for close to a month now (ever since the salt cave, to be honest) but yesterday really brought it to the foreground. Most of my interests and practices are innately feminine and/or yin. *I* am innately feminine. I say that with pride. I'm not a girly girl, but I am female and I enjoy being a female. But as the yin/yang symbol indicates, there's a little yang in every yin and a little yin in every yang.

My yang wants out.

That sounds so dirty.

Hee hee hee.

So anyway. I'm putting it out into the Universe that this is something I want to explore further. I don't know what form it will take. Martial arts? Archery? Riflery? Is that a word? I find truth in the saying that the right teacher comes in the right time, so it will be interesting to see how this manifests in my life. I must say, I'm looking forward to finding out.

If I could be a Jedi, that would rock.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force