Hey Y'all.

Time flies and the next thing you know it's been like a week and a half since I had anything to say. Which is not actually true. I had plenty of things to say (always do), but I was pretty sure you didn't want to hear any of it. Nothing like a day of two of self-pitying wallowing to make you sick of yourself.

Yesterday was another 70 degree day (two in the space of two weeks!). I spent a lot of it outside, either taking a walk or just hanging out on my porch. Got in a Yin Yoga class, which I am falling in love with. Yin Yoga, if you don't know, is a very gentle yoga that focuses on stretching the ligaments and attachments more so than the muscles to allow for deep release and relaxation. There is very little muscular effort, and you hold the poses from 3 to 5 minutes. I'm not talking about the pretzel poses. All the poses we do are seated or laying down. You can make it as intense or as gentle as you like, but the goal is to do as little work as possible and basically let your own body and gravity take care of matters.

I like it because I feel like I'm regaining some of my lost flexibility. The first time I tried it, we went into a pose that historically gives me a lot of trouble because of my tight IT bands on the sides of my legs. By the end of the 5 minutes, I had let go of all of my holding patterns and was in a position I never thought was anatomically possible. It was pretty cool!  It was also pretty intense, but it showed me just how much I needed to let go. I'd post a picture, but frankly I just got up and I'm in my pj's and haven't combed my hair yet, so that's not going to happen. So here's a picture of a Dogwood (is it that?) and some daffodils in bloom instead.

Spring!!! Friggin' Finally!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck