Boston

I'll say it straight out... Boston is not my favorite city on the East Coast. I prefer New York. Always have, always will. I root for the Boston sports teams in my own nonchalant way of course; what card carrying New Englander doesn't? But Boston has never called to me the way NYC has. I can't explain why.

That being said, I think everyone can agree that what happened yesterday afternoon was heart-wrenching. I was (and am) deeply saddened by the pain and sorrow of innocent bystanders whose only crime that day was hard work, dedication, and having supportive loved ones cheering them on. Moreover, I am saddened by the fact that someone else (or many others) were in such deep pain and anger that this action became a viable choice.

I believe that people can be born inherently saint-like, for lack of a better term. I also believe that they can be born inherently evil. Our world is one of balance; for us to have the one we must have the other. Perhaps those who found this path were just born this way. Perhaps they were crushed beneath their horror and this was the result. Maybe it was a little of both.

Whatever the reason (and we always find the reason, sooner or later. Just as we always find out the "who"), what should remain the focus are the brave people who ran toward instead of away. We should remember those who ran the 26.2 miles then ran straight to the hospital to donate blood. The bystanders on the street there to support their loved ones in the race when the explosions went off. The little boy cheering on his father.

Remember them. Remember Peace. Light and Love are what matter now.

Shanti Shanti Shanti. Peace peace peace.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck