Mo Money Mo Problems

Yeah... I don't know what that is.

Historically, money has never really stressed me out. I've always managed to live within my means, even if it meant a very simple, humble life. I was okay with it. I knew nothing else so it was a non-issue.

But up until now, even my tiny paychecks were consistent. I knew what I was going to make on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. That's all gone out the window. This is really the first time where I've had to struggle with a paycheck that could be fantastic one week and pitiful the next. At my last place of work, even though I was doing massage, it was busy enough so the paychecks were fairly consistent. Not here.

I am extremely worried about what will happen come spring. It is the norm in this profession to work at two or three different places. I struggle with this, as I come from a business background where you work at just one place, full-time. That is what I personally prefer to do, but I am learning that is not what my pocketbook prefers.

I won't be able to teach yoga until September or October at the earliest, which means I'll need to find somewhere else to work for late spring and summer. I could theoretically go back to my old place of work... they are always hiring and would take me back in an instant. But I have been warned by a couple of my friends who are still there NOT to come back. I take their advice seriously. I left for a reason, and it sounds as though I got out at the right time.

I am trying to let go and trust that the right thing will come along, but it is hard when I pay my credit card every month and the balance doesn't demonstrably go down. I guess I know where my tax return is going this year....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force