Yoga Teacher Training

Wow.

So my first weekend intensive was this past weekend, and WOW was it an amazing experience. I am already so excited for my next class and it's a month away. Two 90 minute classes in two days is pretty intense and my hamstrings are letting me know they exist, but it could be a lot worse.

The class is large,  around 32 of us I believe. And - more crazy - we have two guys! I've got to give them credit, it takes some cojones to be one of only two men in a group of 30 women. Everyone seems to be really nice. There is a nice blend of ages, experience and professions. Although all told there are at least six massage therapists in class. Pretty cool!

I'm still trying to figure out how to do the home study piece... they haven't told us exactly how many hours we need so knowing me I may end up going a bit over board. I'm also still trying to figure out how to get to the weekly yoga classes with the two teachers. The ones that would be the best to attend are the most unfeasible ones for me to attend. I knew that going in, though. I'll figure it out one way or the other I guess. I know this week I'll be attending the 90 minute "Level 1" class. It'll be a little on the easy side, but it'll give my hamstrings a chance to recover and me a chance to work on my form.

I am so glad I decided to do this. It was exactly what I was needing in my life right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force