Whole30 Day 9

I. WANT. CARBS.

I. WANT. BREAD.

Just a piece of toast. With butter. Oh, that would taste so lovely.

Sigh. From the Whole30 article "A Day-by-Day Guide to Your Whole30":
...[days 8-10] gets really intense for some people. This is the part of the program where our minds try to drive us back to the comfort of the foods we used to know. Our food relationships are deeply rooted and strongly reinforced throughout the course of our lives and breaking through them is really big deal. 
Yup. Right on schedule. The up side is, I skipped most of the other phases prior to this. I've have a pretty easy go of it so far. But when you get a former vegetarian/vegan eating animal protein at virtually every meal, a brick wall IS going to pop up. I added meat back into my diet because strict veg protein wasn't working for me anymore, but I never intended to eat this much animal protein.

I'm also having issues with all the "creamy mouth-feel" fats that I've been eating. They've all been healthy to be sure, and recommended on the diet. But in addition to being a former veg, I also tend to prefer lower-fat things. I would much rather have mustard than mayonnaise any day of the week. I can happily go weeks without cheese and not miss it. I almost never order a pasta with cream sauce; I much prefer the red sauce. Fat is definitely an important part of any diet, but I am so sick of extra virgin olive oil right now I can't begin to tell you.

I didn't eat much yesterday. I did make the beef stew but never had any for dinner. That will most likely happen tonight as I won't get home from work until after 8pm. For breakfast today I'm going to have a fruit salad. Which isn't exactly kosher on Whole30, but all of the fruits are on the "okay" list. I was a bad girl and put a second tsp of maple syrup into my second cup of coffee. It tastes HEAVENLY. I'm going to start eating the mustard again, which also isn't exactly kosher as it has grain vinegar in it. But if I can maintain this for the duration with just the addition of mustard then I'm going to consider this a win.

I really want to make the full 30 days of this challenge!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck