Whole30 Day... 7? Maybe? I'm Losing Count.

I think it's seven.

Last night I went out to dinner with my cousin. I was thankfully even able to stay on plan while I was there. I had a small steak and a lot of broccoli. I haven't ordered steak at a restaurant in seriously 15 years. It tasted divine. I was even able to pass up the chocolately, gooey, wonderful dessert she ordered. Which is no small feat because I think I saw Ex there while we were waiting for a table. Which threw me for a hell of a loop. Now, in all fairness, I only saw the guy's back and an extreme profile and there are lots of other guys who look like him. But still. And he was with a young, blonde thing. So whether it was Ex or Some Other Guy, I was pretty shaky and thrown off my game. And still I managed to eat sensibly and healthily.

YAY ME!!!!!

A simple snack yesterday afternoon: apple slices and organic salami.
I'm not weighing myself. Officially. Unofficially I've lost six pounds. That's like a pound a day. And that's with clothes ON, too. And not just clothes, flannel pjs with a fleece pull-over and socks because it's been so frakking cold here.

I am over the moon thrilled about this. This is weight that has needed to come off, and I am worried that once the 30 days are over it will come right back on. Because let's face it, it's a pretty extreme way to eat. Well, in America, anyway. We love our carbs. I was in the grocery store yesterday walking around with a basket full of veg and they were baking chocolate chip cookies. The smell just about killed me. And I knew they weren't even good cookies and I could make way better.

Yesterday's breakfast: scrambled eggs with broccoli and sweet potato "hash", avocado and salsa

So, I'm going to need to find a way to make this work for me. Luckily I've got 23 days to figure it out.

And in the meantime, my OkCupid profile is back up and running. Time to move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force