Whole30 Day 6?

Yeah, Day 6.

So far, so good. I've switched from honey in my coffee to maple syrup because I ran out of honey. Honey is a hell of a lot more paleo, but the maple syrup was free so there you go. Ah, the joys of living in Vermont, wherein anyone can make maple syrup, so long as they have a couple trees to tap and the patience to boil the sap for like 10 hours straight.

I desperately need to get to the grocery store. All I have in the house are some nuts, a 1/3 a head of cabbage, eggs and sausage. Which I can work with, but it's like meal four of these same basic ingredients. Gah! Change! CHANGE!

I am going to try an expand my vegetable horizons this time around and stray from the cruciferous veg route. They seem to be some of my favorite to eat, but after six days running with little else but cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli, I'm down for something new. I'm going to do my best to "eat a rainbow" this week. I'm going to go out on a limb and buy a beet. Blech. But, there's tons of good stuff in beets and word on the street is you can shred it and mix it into other things. I'm all down for tricking myself into eating it.

Earlier in the week when I had variety. Mushroom and spinach "hash" with an egg, over easy I believe. Quite tasty!

Steamy McSteamerson! Local beef burger, steamed broccoli and baked sweet potato fries, with homemade aoli
Aside from food boredom, things are going pretty well. I am still liking this way of eating and am not feeling deprived. I ran out of fruit yesterday morning though and have been jonzing for a banana or something "sweet" to end my meals. Much better to have a piece of fruit for dessert than a piece of cake!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck