Whole30 Challenge: Day 2

Yesterday was my first day of the challenge and it went quite well, if I do say so myself. I will probably never get used to the coconut milk in the coffee. Word of warning: I am cheating with my coffee. After much hemming and hawing, I have decided to put a scant teaspoon of raw honey in it because 1) the world is crazy enough; it doesn't need to deal with me with no coffee and 2) you bet your sweet boopy if Mr. Caveman found a honeycomb he was all up on that shite.

Just sayin'.

Aside from that, I'm following the diet to the letter. Well, maybe a little more fruit than they'd like, but they are regulation fruit and I'm sure my usage will go down as time progresses. I'm also eating a few more nuts than they prefer, I think. But again, regulation and will probably lessen with time. This is what I ate yesterday:

B: 2 cups coffee with coconut milk, "paleo" cereal (slivered almonds, coconut flakes and slivered pecans), with some strawberries and coconut milk

L: Organic roasted chicken, avocado and onion wrapped in cabbage leaves, carrot and cucumber sticks, banana

D: Local beef burger, sweet potato fries (baked), and steamed broccoli. With homemade aoli.

S: closed palmful of pecans, 1/2 a banana

The snack was an evening one, I was feeling hungry so I had a nibble. It was the only time yesterday I actually felt hungry. This plan is good in that it is helping me re-balance my meals. Lately I've been eating a LOT at dinner, a small lunch and virtually nothing for breakfast. Which I don't think is helping me much.

One nice thing about this is there is a Whole30 mayonnaise recipe about, which you can use as your fat (which is included at each meal). So I made some yesterday.
I also wore some yesterday.

I am not generally one for mayonnaise, but I foresee using this as a base for salad dressings as well, and quite possibly as a vegetable dip at some point. This one batch will last me the entire month and will probably go bad before I can use it all.

Right now I am waiting for the point where I OD on vegetables and have a mad bread craving. Shudder. That ain't going to be pretty, people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force