We Got the Spirit, Yes We Do!

We got the Spirit, how 'bout you?

It looks really nice when the lights are out. But I can't take a picture of it because then it's just a bunch of floating colored lights in black.

I have decided that it just isn't Christmas without a tree. And since I'm hosting Christmas this year, I needed to find my ornaments and find my Christmas spirit. I knew where my ornaments were: at my mom's, where they've been since three moves ago. So up I headed to pick them up. I actually had to raid my mom's stash of garland and lights as apparently I donated mine to charity when I was packing. Who knew?

I bought the tree today. I was doing my best not to buy a tree as money is real tight these days. But I had some tip money set aside for presents, so I took $20 and went to - gasp - Wally World and bought a tree. At least I will get my money's worth out of it by reusing it. I also bought a few presents with the leftover cash. And then I bought myself lunch with my remaining $8 and felt hugely guilty about it. Which is silly because I'm fairly certain my loved ones will not begrudge me lunch.

I have to admit, the lights make it nice and cozy in here. I kinda like it.

Now... I just need to find my way to a pine-scented candle and we're golden.

The doorway between my living room (which I'm in) and my kitchen. Festive!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck