New Beginnings

Okay, so the world is supposed to end tomorrow but there are always a few protozoan survivors, so we'll all just begin again anew on the 22nd, 'kay?

Seriously though, I am looking forward to the end of 2012. Overall it was an eventful year, full of good and bad things. Which most years are unless you are either really lucky or really unlucky. Either way, I feel like 2012 has done its job and it's time to move on.

2013 feels like it holds so much potential that I am excited to get there. But that's always the way, isn't it? I felt the same about 2012 and now I feel like it's the houseguest that just won't leave.

My yoga teacher training starts the second weekend in January and I. Cannot. Wait. Theoretically I should have been taking classes this entire time but whoops. That's okay, I've been doing a little at home and my body will catch up quickly. I am looking forward to meeting new people and delving into a subject that has been close to my heart for a while now.

Meeting new people is something I care very much about in 2013. I am looking to break down introverted barriers I have placed around myself so I feel more comfortable conversing with new people. How can I meet anyone new if I keep giving off DON'T TALK TO ME vibes? This is a difficult thing for me, and while I have managed to take down many of these barriers over my lifetime, it seems as though there is at least one big one left. And it is one of the deepest and has been there for a very long time. I don't expect it to be easy, but if I manage to at least chip an open window into it I will be happy.

It took me a long time to stop fearing change. And while there are some times I wish it would just give me a break for 15 minutes over all I have come to view it as necessary and at times even exciting. Except for when it's annoying and unwanted. Then I just sleep too much and eat a lot of potato chips.

The path to 2013. Which is apparently lush and tropical. Watch out for the spiders though. They're HUGE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck