Happy Holidays?

For the first time in like, the history of me, Christmas was not easy this year. Normally we just go up to Mom's on Christmas Eve and head back after dinner Christmas day. I mean, it varies, but for the most part Christmas has always happened on Christmas at either my parent's house or my grandparent's house.

Not this year.

For the first time ever, I will be working Christmas Day and my brother - who is the groundskeeper and evening "watch" at a local inn - will have guests for the week and will be unable to leave the premises after 6pm. Nor will we be able to use the inn to host our own holiday like we did with Thanksgiving, as there is a wedding party that has rented it out.

So Christmas will be at my place on December 23rd.

I haven't decorated for Christmas in I don't know how long. My holiday decorations are stored up at my Mom's. Which means I'll be heading up there this weekend to pick them up. And to purloin a roasting pan as I do not have one. I am freaking out more than a little as I do not "do" meat particularly well, and four people in my apartment will be cozy. But it's better than nothing.

At least I enjoy menu planning...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beck

The World Keeps Spinning, Regardless of What We Do

Princess Leia, One with the Force