Getting Back in the Game

I was supposed to have a dinner date last night, but he called a few hours before and begged off due to a terrible head cold. He sounded pretty genuine, and truth be told I was a little relieved. I wanted to be ready for this, but I don't think I was. I am hoping we can reschedule when he feels better and I'm a little less likely to self-sabotage. He seems like a really nice guy and I want to give him a fair shot.

I have a coffee date this afternoon. I don't really want to go. But it's just coffee and I have to start somewhere. Honestly I'm feeling a little guilty right now, because he's so obviously excited about it and I'm already thinking about a Costco run I'm going to make afterward.

Yes, I'm going to Costco on a Sunday afternoon. That's how off my game I am right now.

Being forced to move on when all you wanted was to fix the problems is not fun. The problems could have been fixed. Some easily, some a little less so, but nothing was insurmountable. It is unfortunate that one of us was excited by the possibility of us, and the other was terrified of it.

Doing my best to let go and move on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Week Later.

Community. Now, More Than Ever.

Beck